Saturday, September 12, 2009

Eat Local - Part 2

Lately I've come across more and more articles on eating locally grown food, so I thought I'd share a few of them.

Mother Earth News just posted a new article on eating locally grown food all year long. It includes tips on canning, drying, and extending the growing period. I had a late start with my garden this year, but am getting a lot of tomatoes, peas, and herbs towards the end of this growing season.

The Daily Green published four steps to a local menu and 10 Visionaries Delivering Local, Organic, and Healthy Foods.

For those of you living in Colorado, Kansas City, Michigan, and in the East, check out Door to Door Organics. I plan to sign up for this! You can select boxes of locally grown organic fruits, veggies, or both to be delivered to your home or workplace. Each week's selections vary - I think this is great because, as a friend of mine mentioned, it gives buyers an opportunity to learn how to cook with different ingredients.

1 comment:

Robinsen Clerk said...

Thank you for a very informative articles. To get more informationpharmacy online from best pharmacy online.